Memorial Day 2009

|
SPECIAL MEMORIAL DAY SCHEDULE:
5:00 pm class ONLY!

"Murph"

For Time:

1 mile Run
100 Pull-Ups
200 Push-Ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Kipping Pullup Concepts...[ wmv]
Video courtesy of CrossFit.com

In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.

This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it 'Body Armor.' From here on it will be referred to as 'Murph' in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is. -
First posted 18 August 2005

8 comments:

Cameron S(imple) said...

I'm only just now beginning to recover from thursday's half mile of lunges-- Crossfit is about the most thorough way of acting out self-destructive impulses I can think of! I'll be there at 5.

Evan said...

Good luck on the 5k Jason - I hope California has been treating you well.

Cameron - Glad to hear that you are walking again.

Evan said...

Nice! Rock out the WOD Jason.

For those of you not in the Hollywood aria, lets hope the weather holds out - If not, then dodging that lightning will may you run faster!

Matt said...

Jason, thanks for connecting the name & the book for me.

Lone Survivor may be one of the best military story books out there.

Evan said...

There seems to be a consensus on that last mile of "Murph". Running with nothing left in the arms, and at such an energy low is just tough. Great job everyone for fighting through a Hero WOD - They are epic.

Rx'd
Oliver - 57:28 (PR)

1/2 Murph
Cameron S. - 23:56
Meghan - 32:06 (Green asst. Band, Knee Push-Ups)

Pat said...

Alright I did this one on my own tonight. Finished in 63 min: jumping pullups, half with knee pushups, and did the elliptical instead of the runs. Tomorrow is not going to be fun.

Cameron said...

I did a "1/2 Murphy" on my own tonight. I swam 1.5 miles at the pool, then did 5 rounds of 10 pull-ups, 20 push-ups and 30 squats. I have no idea of my time.

Jamison Peter Hibbard said...

12h33m subbed in eating food and drinking beer ;)